As a member of the marketing team, the Writer-Editor participates in the realization of the annual marketing plan by playing a key role in the creation of the content strategy and in the implementation of the editorial calendar for content such as blog posts, ebooks, case studies, emails, etc. He/she will also be responsible for executing and coordinating all steps (writing, editing, proofreading, translation, approval/validation and distribution) to implement the editorial calendar.
- Write, edit and publish blog posts in French and English for our main verticals (sectors of activity);
- Analyze needs and adapt content according to communication objectives, target audience, media and editorial standards;
- Research and collaborate with other teams to become familiar with editorial topics and become an expert in our industry;
- Work with the marketing team and human resources team to create content to drive social media;
- Write emails, advertisements and content for our websites and marketing campaigns;
- In a reader-oriented approach, make sure the content flows and conveys the message well (narrative approach);
- Edit and proofread English and French content to ensure that tone and voice are consistent with brand guidelines and that material is error-free;
- Proofreads English and French copy from colleagues (cross-editing) to ensure linguistic quality of written and translated content;
- For specific needs, coordinate graphic production and translation with freelancers and agencies in connection with the writing process.
Required training and experience:
- Undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) in linguistics, communications, writing, journalism, translation or any other discipline relevant to the position;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in communications or web/marketing writing;
- Demonstrate an excellent command of the Office 365 suite and its applications;
- Experience with a content management tool (WordPress), an asset;
- Knowledge of basic SEO practices, an asset;
- Experience in translation (French and English), an asset.
*** A candidate with a degree other than a university degree could be considered when combined with more experience related to the duties of the position.
Skills we are looking for:
- Ability to adapt to priorities and organize under tight deadlines;
- Ability to plan;
- Proven thoroughness;
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work;
- Ability to balance teamwork and independent work;
- Ability to take and lead initiatives;
- Excellent ability to popularize and synthesize (especially storytelling);
- Curiosity towards the sector of activity;
- Bilingualism (French and English), both written and spoken.