Participating in the activities of the Business Solutions department and the Services department, the role of the Geospatial Developer is hybrid, it combines the functions of a Web Developer (Full Stack) with those of a Geospatial Analyst. In addition to web development, the applicant must be versatile, as he carries out projects that require in-depth geospatial knowledge.
He reports directly to the VP Business Solutions and Technologies.
- Participate in the realization of different web development projects in collaboration with the Services team;
- Lead the technical realization of geospatial expertise projects:
- Construct processes for geocoding, address validation, route calculations, data quality, cross-referencing and data visualization, etc.
- Automate complex (ETL) geospatial data transformation processes.
- Perform technical and business requirements with internal (other departments) and external customers;
- Analyze and popularize geospatial analysis results;
- Write analysis reports.
- Assist customers in installing server software;
- Support and assist our customers following the implementation of a solution;
- Install and operate geospatial databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in geomatics engineering, computer science, geography, master’s degree in geomatics or any other training related to geospatial and data analysis;
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience as a web developer (Full Stack);
- Bilingual (verbal and written);
- Mastery of object-oriented programming concepts;
- Knowledge of one or more application servers: NetBeans, Apache, Tomcat;
- Knowledge of spatial databases: Oracle Spatial, PostgreSQL / GIS and SQL Server;
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Demonstrate professional rigor and thoroughness;
- Know how to manage time and be autonomous.
- Understanding of the following concepts:
- Geospatial domain industry and its main tools (MapInfo, ArcGIS, Google, FME, etc.)
- Geospatial data (roads, demographics, segmentation, addresses, etc.)
- Web mapping API (Google Maps API, HLP, OpenLayer, leaflet, etc.)