The geospatial expert supports and acts as a strategic advisor to our clients in the integration of geospatial technologies, their decision-making and strategic processes. He is an expert who, thanks to our vast portfolio of geospatial data and software, recommends the best products in the industry and participates in the integration of personalized solutions that meet business needs. He is part of the business solutions team and works closely with other specialists; solution architects, data analysts, in addition to the sales and service teams.
The candidate will work from our Quebec office.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the portfolio of geospatial products and data;
- Carry out analysis and recommendation mandates for internal and external customers;
- Carry out requirements with our customers and recommend geospatial technologies that meet their requirements;
- Maintain existing relationships with partners and suppliers.
Resell (in support with the sales team):
- Carry out presentations, demonstrations and proof of geospatial concept;
- Support the sales team in presale activities;
- Master the price models of products and data;
- Write technical approaches for sales documents;
- Estimate integration efforts for service projects.
- Train clients on portfolio solutions, products and geospatial data;
- Provide after-sales support;
- Participate in implementations of projects that require specific expertise (analysis, ETL development, segmentation, geospatial dashboard, etc…), as well as the delivery of geospatial products and data.
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, cartography, computer science or in a related discipline;
- At least 1 to 3 years experience working with GIS tools and technology
- Bilingual (orally and written);
- Ability to realize needs, understand and synthesize business issues;
- Understanding of the different geographic data and basic geospatial concepts;
- Be organized, structured and autonomous in every aspect of your work;
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Knowledge of GIS tools (MapInfo Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, QGIS);
- Knowledge of ETL tools (FME, Alteryx or others);
- Available and able to travel.
- Knowledge of basic geospatial data (SQL language and knowledge of Oracle Spatial, Post GIS, SQL Server, ESRI Geodatabase);
- Experience with geocoding and address validation;
- Ability to write data manipulation scripts and languages (ex: Java, Python, Command line/Bash, R Language, etc…).