We are looking for an experienced systems administrator to support, maintain, evolve and operationalize information technologies within our company.
Are you autonomous, rigorous and good at communicating your ideas? Above all, are you committed to delivering quality service to internal and external customers?
Look no further, we have the career opportunity you’ve been looking for!
The systems administrator must ensure a high level of availability of IT systems. He or she must define and implement technological orientations, in addition to guaranteeing data security and integrity.
Why locate your career with us?
- Innovative and stimulating projects. Opportunities to get out of your comfort zone;
- A concern for your professional development and continuous improvement;
- Flexible 4-day week starting in 2024;
- Flexible hybrid working;
- 4 weeks vacation;
- A group insurance program as soon as you’re hired;
- Telemedicine for you and your family;
- Korem’s contribution to our group RRSP;
- A host of fun activities to strengthen bonds between colleagues (sports challenges, 5 à 7, team building and much more);
- $800 allowance to suit your lifestyle (bonus, additional personal leave, RRSP, etc.);
- Advantageous referral program – $3,000 bonus and an additional week’s vacation for referrals leading to hiring.
- Solve hardware and software problems;
- Ensure smooth operation of servers and migrations;
- Update and manage various servers, workstations and software services;
- Participate in systems maintenance outside working hours;
- Respond to user requests;
- Monitor support requests until complete resolution;
- Analyze user needs;
- 24/7 monitoring of production environment (after 9 to 12 months);
- Maintain adequate documentation and share information;
- Assumes the role of technical expert and contributes to the resolution of complex problems;
- Influences practices, work methods and procedures from a technical point of view and participates in their development to optimize quality and efficiency;
- Contributes to knowledge transfer by mentoring and coaching less experienced team members;
- Analyze and recommend solutions for security vulnerabilities and loopholes;
- Escalation for complex problems;
- Takes on and implements a project under his/her primary responsibility.
Requirements and skills
- DEP, AEC or DEC in computer science;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience;
- Knowledge of recent operating systems, workstations and servers;
- Experience in running Windows servers, Office 365, Active directory (DNS, GPO, DHCP, etc.) and Linux;
- Enjoys finding innovative solutions;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Have at least 2 of the following intermediate to advanced skills:
- Security (Architecture, Solutions, Operationalization);
- VMWare (Vsphere, Veeam, HA, NAS / DAS / SAN);
- Networking (WiFi, VLAN / VxLan, routing, VPN, SASE, SD-WAN);
- Cloud computing (Hub & Spoke, Azure, architecture, security).
- Communicate clearly in English, because you may be in contact with English-speaking suppliers and customers (written and spoken);
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence.