Technical Business Analyst
Working within the Business Solutions team, the Technical Business Analyst plays a leading role in translating customer needs into features and functionalities while also ensuring the evolution of custom solutions.
Acting as a Technical Business Analyst highlights the collaboration with a team of multidisciplinary experts on the definition of solutions, components and functionalities in order to support the development team.
- Responsible for the initial need gathering and refinement in close collaboration with the customer;
- Perform functional analysis and formalizing to produce a functional document and architecture while collaborating with the systemarchitects;
- Provide efforts estimates for budgetary phase or project architecture phase;
- Gather technical and business requirements and refinement from solution ideation, vision, design, to functional requirements and features.
- Contribute to technical activities at different stages of the presales and architecture cycle;
- Collaborate with technical architect to prepare technical approaches to service proposals and evaluate the required efforts.
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Geomatics Engineering or other similar field of study;
- Between 2 and 5 years of relevant experience (needs analysis, business analysis, functional architecture or as product owner);
- Excellent level of speech and writing, both in English and French;
- Experience in architecture, analysis, modelling, development and integration of software solutions and Web development projects;
- Understanding of enterprise technological environment;
- Strong listening skills to fully understand business issues, analyze, synthesize and provide recommendations;
- Great learning skills and strong interest to understand customer industry and act as a subject matter expert in their vertical (for instance insurance, telecommunication, retail, etc.);
- Demonstrate ability to propose and advocate for innovative ideas that generate benefits for the organization;
- Versatility, autonomy and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects at the same time;
- Ability to interact with various stakeholders (customers, development teams, managers, business experts and IT experts);Assets
- Experience as an agile product owner (defining stories and prioritizing the team backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team, working with Product Management, Customers, Business Owners, and other stakeholders.);
- Knowledge and experience in the geospatial industry;
- Good understanding of technology and enterprise architecture concepts; Cloud, SAAS, SOA, microservices, ERP, CRM, ESB, etc.