Technical Business Analyst
Working in the Business Solution department, the Technical Business Analyst plays a leading role in translating customer needs into features and functionalities while also ensuring the evolution of custom solutions.
Being a Technical Business Analyst means collaborating with a team of multidisciplinary experts from the definition of solutions, components and functionalities, to the development.
- Responsible for the initial need gathering and refinement in close collaboration with the customer;
- Perform functional analysis and formalizing into a functional document and architecture while collaborating with the Technical Architects;
- Provide efforts estimates whether it’s in budgetary phase or project architecture phase;
- Technical and business requirement gathering and refinement from solution ideation, vision, design, to functional requirements and features.
- Contribute to technical activities at different stages of the presales and architecture cycle;
- Collaborate with technical architect to prepare technical approaches to service proposals, and evaluate the associated efforts.
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Geomatics Engineering or other equivalent training;
- Between 2 and 5 years of experience in needs analysis, business analysis or functional architecture;
- Excellent level of speaking and writing in English and French;
- Experience in architecture, analysis, modelling, development and integration of software solutions and Web development projects;
- Understanding of enterprise technological environment;
- Strong listening skills to fully understand business issues, analyze, synthesize and make recommendations;
- Great learning ability and curiosity and interest in understanding customer industry, becoming a subject matter expert in their vertical (for instance insurance, telecommunication, retail, etc.);
- Demonstrate ability to propose and advocate for innovative ideas that generate benefits for the organization;
- Versatility, autonomy and ability to work under pressure on multiple project at the same time;
- Ability to interact with various stakeholders (customers, development teams, managers, business experts and IT experts);
- Experience acting as Agile Product Owner (defining stories and prioritizing the team backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team, working with Product Management, Customers, Business Owners, and other stakeholders.);
- Knowledge and experience with the geospatial industry;
- Good understanding of technology and enterprise architecture concepts; Cloud, SAAS, SOA, microservices, ERP, CRM, ESB, etc.