Since Korem was founded in 1993, we have always believed that a company that takes an active interest in the well-being of its community wins its support, loyalty and esteem. This is why, over the years, we have invested time and money in supporting the community of St-Roch, where our offices are located.
2020 is no exception to this tradition.
On the contrary, with the impacts of the pandemic, it was more important than ever to show our solidarity with the residents of our neighbourhood by donating to several fabulous organizations that support our community.
Driven by one of Korem’s core values, collaboration, our CEO, Mr. Sébastien Vachon wished to show his support by giving donations worth a total of $ 137,000 to several charities. His wish, with this article, is to positively influence his fellow entrepreneurs while demonstrating that the entrepreneurial community is committed to giving back to people in need.
With the holiday season upon us, we wanted to take the opportunity to give even more during this magical time of the year.
Here is the list of charities for which we have made donations:
• Lauberivière – $ 50,000
• L’Engrenage de St-Roch – Table du quartier – $ 30,000
• Société Saint-Vincent de Paul – $ 9,900
• Guignolée des médias – $ 9,900
• CHU de Québec Foundation – $ 7,000
• Opération Père Noël – $ 2,500
• Centre de pédiatrie sociale de Québec – $ 1,600
• Canadian Red Cross – $ 1,000
• Desjardins Foundation – $ 1,000
• Défi : Sur le chemin du Roy – $ 1,000
• Équiterre – $ 1,000
• Lions International – $ 1,000
• St-Hubert Foundation – $ 1,000
Donations outside Quebec City
• Capab – Centre d’aide aux proches aidants des Basques – $ 10,000
• Société Saint-Vincent-de-Paul de St-Tite-des-Caps – $ 5,000
In addition, we also give through our social implications with the IT community of Quebec, particularly with 42 Quebec, Mon Avenir TI, Sherpas Élite and our participation on the boards of directors of the Lauberivière Foundation and AQT. The time invested with these organizations allows us to continue to develop the next TI generation and to share our knowledge and experience acquired throughout the years.